Saturday, August 7, 2010

His Name is Adam

I am not the prayer warrior. I know some. I have some that I call on from time to time when I need help. I married a pray-er. But I really struggle to stay focused in prayer for long periods of time.

Sometimes I just don’t get it. Many times God has asked me to pray and I don’t understand the goal so I stop praying. Sometimes, I understand the goal, but cant figure out how God answering this prayer is going to get us to that end result…so I stop praying. Sometimes, I just cant see how important things are to God, and I give up. Sometimes, I really just need some medication to help me focus!

When we left San Pablo yesterday, we made a stop in one of the other villages…it was on the way (everything is “on the way” in Belize and it only takes about “25 minutes” to get there!).

We were asked to stop and pray for one of the children in the village. His name is Adam and he is not a child, he is 19 years old. His father is one of the leaders in the village. Adam has exhausted every avenue for healing. He has been to the Clinic. He has been to the Bush Doctor. He has had Pastors come and pray for him. Nothing has worked for the long term and he has no diagnosis. He has been in his bed for nearly three months.

Adam asked us to pray for him.

In the last 24 hours, God has opened my eyes to something that I am not sure I would have seen elsewhere. I think I understand His goal in this village…that the whole village would know Jesus as Savior. I understand that in praying for the healing of this one young man, a village could be saved….the others would see the power of the Lord God over sickness and disease and understand that He also has the power over live and death. I understand that these people are important to God…

…and so I pray for Adam.

I am praying that every infirmity and disease would leave his body. I am praying that God would move in such as mighty way that there is no question about how good and powerful He is. I am praying for Adam’s testimony to the rest of his village about how God has delivered him from the disease, and how he has received abundant life in the Lord Jesus.

Can you imagine the impact of this one answered prayer?

….why don’t you pray for Adam too.

And ask your friends to pray.
And ask your co-workers to pray.
And ask your family to pray.
And ask anyone who knows Jesus to pray for divine intervention in Adam’s life.

Oh, by the way, we will be in Adam’s village all next week sharing the Good News. Wouldn’t it be cool if Adam was out there with us?

Blessings.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment