Thursday, August 12, 2010

Praise the Lord for Elsa!

by Charity Abernathy
August 11, 2010

Today was completely amazing. Yesterday, I met a little girl named Elsa. She was sweet and beautiful. She is six years old and once I talked to her she stuck to me like glue. I had never shared the story of Jesus, but today was a first. Actually this trip brought a lot of new things.


She was sitting beside me and I asked her what she thought of the Bible stories. “I don’t like.” she said. I asked if she wanted me to tell her a story. She nodded and I told her of the story of Jesus. I asked if she wanted to accept Christ and if she believed. She told me she wanted to accept and did. It was moving and I was so excited that I thought I would cry. I went to Katie and told her and we took Elsa to see Genyo. He spoke to her in Spanish and she responded and then he said she was ready.

I have never felt so loving towards someone as much as I love little Elsa and the children of San Isidro. Tomorrow, we are going to Bella Vista but I don’t think anything could top this!

No comments:

Post a Comment