Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Student Perspective -- Faith and Tabi

This week has been amazingly awesome! We are both sad that we have to leave tomorrow morning, but also sorta happy to see home! When we get home, last thing that we want to eat is anything with rice, beans, chicken, or plain eggs, or burnt bacon, and banana’s (not that we ate any cause we didn’t) Building relationships was one of the best things that happened on this trip. We taught the kids at ‘San Pablo’ some things that we say and what we found out, they DIDN’T say or never have whatever you want to call it.
Faith’s buddy was Benjamin, and Tabi’s was Denise.
Faith taught them ‘rock on’ with the sign. Tabi taught them to say ‘peace out’ with the sign and ‘what’s up what’s up what’s up’ as well. The story was that I (Tabi) ask a shy child ‘what’s up’ then the little boy holding my hand repeated it. I was amazed and said it three times fast. All the children soon learned it, along with my name, that they thought was fun to say, so might as well say it a thousand times!
The story with the ‘rock on’ was I (Faith) started saying it after two days of Tabi saying weird things to the kids. I thought it was really funny, so funny we got Andrew and Tabi’s video cameras out and caught it on video to show everyone. It was so funny and amazing what they learned and said. We both think that they’ll never forget it.
Saturday was interesting…cause the\bus broke down….again…before we could even move an inch. On the boat ride out to the island, JB fell asleep and left his mouth open. Faith poured water into his mouth! He sat up and spat it out…it gave us all a good laugh.
Then the swimming with fish, sharks, sting rays, and sea turtles was amazing along with tons of coral that we saw. I (Tabi) didn’t like the water in my mouth. I (Faith) liked the tuna sandwich for lunch! (So me!) We both took a lot of pictures and videos.
God has worked in amazing ways, ways that we never would’ve imagined. He took me (Tabi) out of my little world and brought me to a new one, one that was one that He could use me in way better than I would’ve thought.
He made me (Faith) stronger in my faith and that we are so blessed with what we have. We shouldn’t complain about what we have, cause out here they use everything they have, even though they don’t have much to begin with. They are so content with it. Now we both know why we were called to come here to Belize.
-Love you guys! Rock on! – Faith :)
-Stay cool! Peace out! – Tabi BD

No comments:

Post a Comment