Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Students Perspective

by Andrew Futter
August 10, 2010
Today we had an amazing day starting with the morning. This consisted of waking up at 6:00 am after we got at out our place to stay at, at 2:00 in the morning. At 8:00 we had breakfast which had fresh pineapple, eggs, ham, & juice. IT WAS AMAZING!!! Afterwards we got ready for our day, wrote in our journals, and had our devotions. At 9:45 we headed to the village of San Isidro on our bus.




When we got there we wandered around the village for about an hour telling people what we planned on doing later that day. When 12:30 hit we had at least 30-35 kids and moms there waiting while we had our lunch. At 12:45 we split into our 3 groups that consisted of sports, bible story, and crafts. When I was telling the story about Adam and Eve today the number of kids grew to about 50. I did get nervous talking to kids that were from 4 to 8yrs old. But they were having a good time. After the lesson I asked questions and they would get candy in return for the right answers.



My second class went better because they were all guys and they were older and I could relate more. I still gave out candy which really made the kids happy. Then I went to go help with crafts and that was fun, plus I got to know the kids more. Once crafts were over I played with the kid that didn’t want to play soccer. I got to know one of the girls better who’s name was Elsa. She was so cute! All of the kids were so polite to us it was just amazing. It may have been busy but there is a brighter tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Andrew,
    You're doing an awesome job with this blog- keep up the good work!
    Hope you're having tons of fun!
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew! Hope your havin fun, it's cool what your sling and keep up. The good work!

    -Jake

    ReplyDelete