Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday in Belize -- Student's Perspectives

Perspective
By Tabi Bailey
Hey guys what’s up, it’s Tabi Bailey here. It’s day two on this mission trip and so far it’s been really amazing. Today we went to the village ‘More Tomorrow’ and the children there were so kind and sweet. The children are so amazing, kind, and just plain cute. After the lesson and craft, we just hung out with the children and just played cool. I was into chasing about three or four little kids at once. I had a little buddy. Her name was Lydia and she was four. She was always wanting me to either chase her, pick her up, tickle her, spin her around, make weird faces at her, go to her play prison, or just love on her. Lydia looked a little like my sister when she was little. It was so much fun if I could do it all day I would’ve. A lot of the kids look like my sister but have the unending energy like my younger brother! One of the boys came up and said ‘hi’ in Chinese and I was surprised! God is awesome! I didn’t imagine that Belize would be such a cool place, and oh man! It is so much cooler here than in Fort Smith! Cannot believe it! The stars here are so clear and they shine like…well…stars! Still haven’t seen the moon yet but still looking for it.

Maddie got to see her ‘fighting duck’ and was so happy. It was her goal of the trip. The sad part is…it ‘didn’t want to fight’ so none of us got to see the fighting duck…fight. The roads make you feel like you’re on a bumpy ride…not really feel, cause you are on a bumpy ride, but somehow I managed to sleep some on the bus. The food is really amazing and I was wondering if I’d be coming home 15 pounds lighter but that’s NOT gonna happen. The sun rises really early and so when we wake up at 6:30 it’s like waking up at 8 in the US.

It rained several times during today and so we walked through mud the whole day…yay!!!! This place where we’re staying looks like Camp Joshua only the showers are way nicer. It’s been a long day but a good one. I miss you all. Peace out!

Perspective
By Andrew McCollough

Hey all, Andrew here. havin a blast here in Belize…. Got to go to a village called “More Tomorrow” today, had some fun experiences. I got to help cart cement blocks to a concrete foundation, sift and carry sand, and cart heavy rocks. Not quite what I was expecting but it was a good experience and I also got to have fresh coconut juice (its not qualified as milk cuz the nut wasn’t old enough) and we also have FRESH PINAPPLE FOR BREAKFAST!!!!! IT LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!! And the food is incredibly authentic (surprise surprise) and is unbelievable. Which I still cant believe that im any where different because the culture is like America and i cant quite grasp the concept that Im south of Mexico. The only thing that has me convinced that I am is the jungle and the really cool massive iguanas, which are like two feet long. Im gunna catch one before the week is over…..



While in More Tomorrow I also got to play with a lot of kids which was really fun, and most of them were either chasing me around trying to tickle me or trying to get their lion (puppet) to eat me. The bus worked like a charm, PTL. Last night I thought I was gunna get to sleep at Cheers (which it would be cool to be able to say that my first night in a foreign country was spent in a restraint). Mentioning Cheers, I had the most incredible quesadillas there…. This is spoiling me. So we are having a blast here in Belize and im lookin forward to whatever tomorrow may hold. We will be seeing yall soon. Adios for now!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the team is having a wonderful time and all is going well. Praying for you all and thanks for the updates it's great to hear other perspectives. Shawnda

    ReplyDelete